1. Light the wick all the way across, not just on one end. This will help your candle burn evenly. (The flame height may vary at times and occasionally even appear to self-extinguish, but it’s OK! Even if you are experiencing a “low flame”, it will continue to heat and the flame height will return)
2. Let your candle burn long enough for the melted wax to reach the edge of your container for every burn.
3. Do not burn your candle for more than four hours at a time
4. Be safe! Always burn candles in sight, away from combustibles, on a stable surface, and out of reach of children and pets.
Absolutely!! Keep the wick trimmed to ¼ inch. Once the wick and wax are cooled, trim the wick by running your fingers across the top of it. Be sure to remove all trimmings before relighting. Keeping your wick trimmed will provide a clean burn and long lasting candle.
The first burn is the most important. When burning your candle for the first time, burn until the wax melts across the entire surface. This will prevent tunneling and create an even burn for the life of your candle. We recommend burning your candle for at least two hours but never longer than four hours.
1. On average soy candles burn 50% longer than other waxes, which allows you to get the most out of your candle.
2. Soy is a natural and renewable resource grown in the US.
3. Soy candles offer a clean burn and the wooden wick produces very little if any soot.
This is called frosting, much like if you’ve ever seen a white-ish coating on chocolate. Frosting is a natural byproduct of natural wax. It is caused by tiny crystal growth that forms on the top and sides of the wax. Frosting is just a minor cosmetic inconvenience and in no way affects the burn ability or fragrance of your candle.
Delamination (AKA wet spots) is a common issue with glass container candles, where parts of the wax pull away from the glass and create what looks like a wet spot or air bubble. Just like frosting it is just a minor cosmetic inconvenience and in no way affects how your candle will burn or how amazing it will smell.
Copyright © 2022 Love, Joy Scents - All Rights Reserved.